2021 RTC PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE PROJECT
RTC Project Manager, Scott Gibson, P.E., – (775) 335-1874
No work scheduled.
RTC Project Manager, Sara Going, P.E. – (775) 335-1897
Construction continues at the intersection of North Virginia Street and Panther Drive.
Travelers should expect isolated shoulder and lane closures at the intersection. Bus Stops may be temporarily relocated to accommodate sidewalk work.
ITS PHASE 3 PROJECT
RTC Project Manager, Blaine Petersen, P.E. – (775) 335-1871
Construction of underground infrastructure is complete. New fiber optic cable will be installed through the month of October at the following locations:
- Rock Boulevard between Prater Way and Glendale Avenue (Night Work).
- Lake Street from First Street to Second Street.
- Lemmon Drive from North Virginia Street to US 395 southbound off-ramp.
RTC Project Manager, Roy Flores, P.E. – (775) 335-1881
Paving of the roadway is complete. The contractor will begin utility adjustments this week within the roadway.
Drivers should expect intermittent traffic control throughout the project limits.
TE SPOT 10 – NORTH
RTC Project Manager, Andrew Jayankura, P.E., PTOE – (775) 332-2139
Construction is in progress at the intersection of Battle Born Way-El Rancho Drive at Victorian Avenue.
Expect intermittent lane closures around the intersection as construction progresses. Construction is expected to be completed in Mid-October.
KINGS ROW REHABILITATION PROJECT – KEYSTONE AVENUE TO WYOMING AVENUE
RTC Project Manager, Jeff Wilbrecht, P.E. – (775) 335-1872
Roadway and sidewalk rehabilitation work in progress.
- Traffic control includes transition to temporary lanes along the north side of Kings Row.
- On-street parking is closed during daytime working hours on Kings Row (7 a.m. to 5 p.m.) – residents are encouraged to park in driveways or along side streets. Vehicles parked in the work zone will be towed.
- Look for sidewalk closures and pedestrian detours within the work zone.
LEMMON DRIVE SEGMENT 1 PROJECT – US 395 TO MILITARY ROAD
RTC Project Manager, Judy Tortelli, P.E. – (775) 335-1824
Q&D continues work on the new retaining wall near Walgreens.
- Drivers may see shoulder and lane closures on Lemmon Drive from Sky Vista Parkway/Buck Drive to just east of the Walgreens driveway during daytime working hours.
- Access to Walgreens driveway and the access road from Lemmon Drive will be closed for approximately four months. Please use Sky Vista Parkway to access Walgreens.
This week drivers can expect to see additional traffic control including orange barrels on the outside lanes of Lemmon Drive from Sky Vista Parkway/Buck Drive to Military Road as crews prepare for roadway widening.
- Business access will be maintained. For additional information on construction status, visit the Porject website at http://northvalleysimprovements.com/lemmon-drive/.