The Start of Something Big on Virginia Street
Designed to be a lot like light rail, RTC RAPID is a faster transit service on Virginia Street from downtown Reno to Meadowood Mall. RTC RAPID includes level-boarding stations with more amenities served by modern 60-foot articulated hybrid diesel/electric vehicles. The service includes technology that allows the buses to communicate with the traffic signals to extend the green time a little bit for the bus. Design improvements help vehicles move around other traffic. RTC RAPID vehicles will travel up and down Virginia Street significantly faster than regular transit buses.
Fares, passes and transfers are the same as RTC RIDE. Adult fare is $2. Passes are available from pass vending machines at RTC transit centers and from pass retailers throughout the community. See fare chart for complete fare schedule.
- Year 2 Station Project Update (03/05/2010. PDF). On October 19, 2009, RTC began design activities for the new RTC RAPID Stations. The initial design activities include site surveys, analysis of existing conditions and formulating conceptual station elements. Two open houses were held on February 23 and 24, 2010, to solicit public input.
- Weekly Status Reports: Click “Transit Improvement Projects”
- RTC RAPID Station Development Project Schedule (PDF)
- RTC RAPID Alternative Routing Map (PDF)
- RTC RAPID Station Concepts February 2010 (PDF)
- Other Virginia Street Transit Projects (PDF)
- Proposed Two-Way Traffic Configuration for Center Street (PDF)