Criteria for Qualifying
All applicants for RTC ACCESS eligibility must meet the federal requirements for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) paratransit eligibility. Eligible individuals must have one or more of the following:
- Disabilities which prevent them from independently getting to/from a bus stop or through major transfer points.
- Disabilities which prevent them from independently boarding, riding, and exiting a RTC RIDE bus.
- Disabilities which prevent them from independently recognizing the correct bus stops and key landmarks.
An RTC ACCESS ID card will be issued to people who are certified as eligible for RTC ACCESS. This card must be shown to the operator each time you ride.
Contact RTC Customer Service at 775-348-0477 for more information or to apply.
RTC ACCESS Online Application (Click here)
Reminder: After submitting your online RTC ACCESS application, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to complete the eligibility process. If you do not see the confirmation email, please check your spam folders. If you have any questions regarding this application or questions regarding RTC ACCESS services, please contact the RTC Mobility Center at 775-348-0477 option 2.
ADA Visitor Eligibility
Individuals visiting the Reno/Sparks area are eligible to use the RTC ACCESS ADA Paratransit service for up to 21 days in a rolling 365-day period by providing one of the following:
- Current ADA Paratransit proof of eligibility from the jurisdiction in which they reside
- Current ADA Paratransit ID Card
- Current ADA Paratransit Award Letter
Visitors that cannot provide documentation of ADA paratransit eligibility will be asked to provide documentation of their disability and proof of residence.
If the visitor appears in person to request visitor status and their disability is apparent, ADA Paratransit visitor service will be granted upon request.
Please submit documentation by mail, fax or e-mail or for additional assistance contact RTC Mobility Center at 775-348-0477 option 2.
Mail: Regional Transportation Commission P.O. Box 30002 Reno, NV 89520-3002