The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Washoe County and Spanish Springs Construction continue to make progress on the Sky Vista Widening Project, which is about 75 percent complete. Drone video of the project is available here.
Silver Lake Road remains closed to eastbound traffic. The RTC is working diligently to reopen the road in October, after extended utility work and weather delayed the project. The construction team is monitoring reoccurring traffic backups to make necessary adjustments to improve traffic flow.
Construction crews are attempting to coordinate temporary driveway closures with residents while ensuring at least one access point is provided.
In the coming weeks, residents can expect the following:
- Paving operations will begin on the west side of Sky Vista Parkway in October.
- Black Bear drive is closed at Sky Vista. Follow signage and detour to Silver Sky Parkway to access to Sky Vista Parkway.
- Traffic control will remain in place during the National Championship Air Races and Air Show.
- New traffic signals are scheduled to be installed at the Vista Knoll intersection the week of September 18th. The majority of work will be performed at night to limit impacts to the traveling public. Please be cautious of workers within the intersection and adhere to flagger controls that may be put in place.
- North Valleys Regional Park main entrance to reopen in October.
About the Sky Vista Parkway Project:
The project limits are on Sky Vista Parkway from Silver Lake Road to just east of Vista Knoll Parkway. As part of the project, the RTC will widen the road from one lane in each direction to two lanes in each direction. There will also be improvements for other roadway users. The RTC will be adding new street lighting for safety, along with brand new eight-foot-wide sidewalks and five-foot-wide bike lanes on both sides of Sky Vista Parkway. Construction on the project is anticipated to be complete in November, weather permitting. This project represents an approximate $18.3 million investment in our community.
For more information, head to https://northvalleysimprovements.com/sky-vista-widening/