The RTC is welcoming community input as we begin to develop a service change to RTC transit services later this year.
The RTC analyzes its transit operations annually to maximize resources and efficiency to provide quality customer service to our riders. This involves tracking ridership data and allocating buses and other resources to more productive routes for efficiency, and operating within financial constraints. Several changes are being considered so that we may provide reliable and quality transit service. This may include timing adjustments and route modifications. The RTC will also present proposed changes to RTC ACCESS, and fare policy changes.
The RTC is inviting our community to join us at one of our upcoming open houses. We’re holding open houses starting on February 20 at a number of locations throughout our community. We want to hear from everyone as we work toward finalizing a plan that may be implemented in September. Proposed changes to RTC transit services will be presented to the RTC Board at a future board meeting for their direction and approval.
Open House and Presentation Events:
- Open house events:
- RTC CENTENNIAL PLAZA: February 20 from 4-6 p.m.
- Meadowood Mall: February 21 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Stead Elementary School Parking Lot: February 21 from 3-5 p.m.
- RTC 4TH STREET STATION: February 22 from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Washoe County/Sun Valley Citizens Advisory Board (CAB): February 5 at 6 p.m.
- Washoe County Senior Citizen Center: February 12 from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Reno Access Advisory Committee: February 27 at 5:30 p.m.
- Senior Coalition, March 2 at 8 a.m. at 10315 Professional Circle in Reno
- Sparks CAC at the Larry D Johnson Community Center: March 8 from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
- North Valleys Citizen Advisory Board: March 12 at 6 p.m. at the Reno-Stead Airport – 4895 Texas Avenue in Reno
- Sierra Nevada Transportation Coalition: March 14 at noon at RTC 3rd Floor Conference Room, 1105 Terminal Way in Reno
- City of Reno Ward 4 Neighborhood Advisory Board (NAB): March 15 at 5:30 p.m. at the Reno/Stead Airport
If you would like to give input, but are unable to attend a meeting, you may email your comments to Michael Dulude at email@example.com.