The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Washoe County is beginning reconstruction on sections of roadways in Reno on Monday, August 5, 2019.
The projects, called Reno Consolidated 19-02 and 19-03, will reconstruct and/or rehabilitate the following sections of Reno roadways:
- North Hills Boulevard from Lemmon Drive to Golden Valley Road
- Ralston Street between University Terrace and 11th Street
- For the safety of you and your vehicle, parking on Ralston Street will be prohibited within the construction zone from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Ohm Place starting at Mill Street and extending 500 feet south
- Ohm Place will be closed from August 6-9. Please follow detour signs to access NV Energy.
Drivers can expect to see cones and lane shifts in these areas during construction. Road closures may be necessary as construction operations progress.
Construction will take approximately three months to complete.
Starting later in August, the RTC will reconstruct and rehabilitate the Hunter Lake Drive/Foster Drive intersection. Construction on this intersection is expected to take about three weeks.
Then, in October and November, the RTC will begin reconstruction/rehabilitation projects on the following sections of roadways:
- Sierra Highlands Drive from Idlebury Way to North McCarran Boulevard
- Hammill Lane from Kietzke Lane to the end of Hammill Lane
- Colbert Drive from Longley Lane to 250 feet north
These projects represent a $6.3 million investment in our community.
To learn more, please visit rtcwashoe.com.