April 14, 2021

The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Washoe County is partnering with Uber to provide free Uber rides to and from COVID-19 vaccination appointments through the RTC Washoe Uber Pilot Program.

Once enrolled in the pilot program, participants can get up to four free Uber rides ($35 off each trip) to and from vaccination appointments. This promotion starts on April 14 and runs through September 30, 2021.

The Washoe-Uber Rides Pilot Program provides alternative, reliable, and affordable transportation to Washoe County residents who are 60 years and older, RTC ACCESS clients (any age) and Washoe County Veterans (any age). In addition to the free rides to and from COVID-19 vaccination appointments, the RTC will pay 75% off of five rides per month, capped at $9 per ride. The other 25% of the fare, and any amount over $9, will be automatically charged to the user’s debit or credit card on file with the user’s Uber account.

How to enroll in the program:
1. Participants will need to complete and sign the registration and agreement form.
2. Provide the RTC with a copy of your government-issued photo identification, proof of age and Washoe County residency.
3. Once you have completed the form and made a copy of your ID, proof of age, and residency, you may mail, fax (775-348-3261) or email (rtcaccessapplication@rtcwashoe.com) the documents to the RTC. Mail can be addressed to Regional Transportation Commission, P.O. Box 30002 Reno, NV 89520-3002.
4. Once you are enrolled, RTC Washoe will send you (via email) instructions on how to claim your Uber voucher.

For more details about how to apply for this program, please visit https://www.rtcwashoe.com/rtc-washoe-uber-rides-pilot-program/ or contact RTC Paratransit Analyst Susi Trinidad at (775) 332-2173 or strinidad@rtcwashoe.com.