The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Washoe County will start construction to improve the accessibility and connectivity of its bus stops on March 2, 2020. As part of phase one of the project, construction crews will repair and replace sidewalks and driveways, place new concrete bus stop pads, and improve Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility.
The project will begin with improvements to 13 bus stops, including stops located at:
1. Sierra Center Parkway at Sierra Town Center
2. Grove Street and Yori Way Intersection
3. Locust Street and Colorado River Boulevard Intersection
4. Hunter Lake Drive and Foster Drive Intersection
5. Kirman Avenue and Moran Street Intersection
6. Mill Street and Sunshine Lane Intersection
7. East 9th Street and Montello Street Intersection
8. Valley Road and Sadleir Way Intersection
9. Sutro Street and Haddock Drive Intersection
10. Valley Road and Denslowe Drive Intersection
11. Lemmon Drive and North Virginia Street Intersection
12. Prater Way and Pyramid Way Intersection
13. York Way and 4th Street Intersection
Work on these 13 stops is expected to be complete by mid-April 2020. Additional transit stops are expected to be improved with future phases of the project.
This project represents a $333,000 investment in our community funded with fuel tax funds.