The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Washoe County is getting ready to launch its new FlexRIDE transit service. FlexRIDE is an on-demand, shared-ride transit service that provides users with curbside-to-curbside service. The RTC Board approved a six-month pilot project that will begin on Saturday, November 2, 2019, in select areas of Sparks.
To help the community learn about this new service, the RTC is holding pop-up events within the pilot service area to teach people how to use it. Join the RTC at the dates, times and locations below to learn more:
– October 24 – November 1: RTC CENTENNIAL PLAZA in Sparks, Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. – noon & 1- 4 p.m.
– Monday, October 28: Northern Nevada Medical Center in Sparks from 10 a.m. – noon & 1-3 p.m.
– Wednesday, October 30: Iron Horse Shopping Center bus stop (near McCarran/Prater intersection) from 10 a.m. – noon & 1-3 p.m.
– Saturday, November 2: RTC CENTENNIAL PLAZA in Sparks from 9 a.m. – noon & 1-4 p.m.
Scheduling a FlexRIDE is done by using the Transloc app on your smartphone or tablet, calling a dispatcher at (775) 335-0035, or using a computer to access https://ondemand.transloc.com. Schedule your ride at your desired travel time and the ride can be expected to arrive to the curbside closest to your location within 8 to 15 minutes. Fares will be the same as the standard RTC RIDE fares.
People looking to travel outside of the pilot service area can transfer to RTC RIDE or RTC ACCESS services at Iron Horse Shopping Center or at RTC CENTENNIAL PLAZA. FlexRIDE will serve the Sparks areas currently served by Routes 25 and 26 east of McCarran Blvd., as well as some nearby areas in the north and east downtown Sparks.
FlexRIDE operation hours will be:
– Monday – Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
– Saturday: 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
– Sunday/Holiday: 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
As part of the November 2 service change, Routes 25 and 26 are being combined and shortened to accommodate FlexRIDE. Route 25 will continue to operate from RTC CENTENNIAL PLAZA up 15th Street to Prater, east to Howard, south on Howard, west on Lincoln, north on McCarran to Prater, then west to 15th Street and back to CENTENNIAL PLAZA. An additional service is planned to extend Route 25 for one round trip each to Reed High School before and after school.