2040 Regional Transportation Plan
The RTC is pleased to present the 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) to the citizens of Washoe County. The RTP is the region’s 20-year long range plan. The overarching vision contained in this plan focuses on transportation as a catalyst for developing economic
opportunities that sustain our valued quality of life. The plan defines the long range policies and priorities for the community’s future transportation system and serves as the blueprint to maintain our public transit network and improve our roadways, improving accessibility to all regardless of age or ability. It is a key component to improving our region’s quality of life and air quality. Thank you for your support and in the opportunity we have to inspire, innovate and implement an integrated, efficient regional transportation system.
Under federal regulations, the RTP must be updated every four years to maintain eligibility for federal funding. The 2040 RTP was adopted by the RTC on May 18, 2017.
The Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) documents can be downloaded below. Due to the large file size, the document has been divided into chapters to aid with viewing. All documents are Adobe PDF files.
If you have questions or comments, feel free to contact Amy Cummings, Director of Metropolitan Planning, at (775) 335-1825.
Download chapters below:
- Executive Summary and Acknowledgements
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Community Based Planning
- Chapter 3: Improved Safety
- Chapter 4: Integrating Land Use and Economic Development
- Chapter 5: Healthy Communities and Sustainability
- Chapter 6: Managing Existing Systems Efficiently
- Chapter 7: Integrating All Types of Transportation
- Chapter 8: Focusing on Regional Connectivity
- Chapter 9: Promoting Equity and Environmental Justice
- Chapter 10: Improving Freight and Goods Movement
- Chapter 11: Investing Strategically
- Chapter 12: Monitoring Implementation and Performance