The Coordinated Human Services Public Transportation Plan (CTP) is a federally required document for agencies receiving Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities (FTA Section 5310) funding from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA.) RTC, as the Designated Recipient of these funds is responsible for administering the Section 5310 Program.
The purpose of the CTP is to improve transportation coordination in the region for persons with disabilities, older adults, and individuals with lower incomes, and to establish funding priorities for specialized transportation services. In February, 2015, the Board approved the Coordinated Human Services Public Transportation Plan (CTP). The following priorities were identified:
1. Expansion of Volunteer Driver Program.
2. Increase Funding for Washoe Senior Ride Program.
3. Purchase Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles for Human Service Agencies.
4. Provide Flexible Transit Service in Outlying Areas of Our Community.
5. Coordinate Transportation Resources with Social Service Agencies.
6. Increase Funding for RTC’s Non-Urbanized Transportation Program.
7. Creation of a Private Non-Profit Transportation Provider.
8. Provide more Travel Training.