Bikes on Buses
All RTC RIDE and RTC INTERCITY buses are equipped with racks to hold two or three bicycles. You or a companion must be able to physically load your bike. Drivers are not permitted to assist you. Bike racks are convenient and easy to use. The only contact is between the tire and the rack, so there is little chance of scratching. And best of all, there's no additional cost for using the bike rack!
Loading Your Bike
(see steps in above graphic)
- Lower the bike rack by pulling up on the release handle on the top of the bike rack.
- Lift your bike onto the rack, using the outside slot first, and fitting the tires into the slot. Labels indicate where to place the front and rear wheels.
- With the bike on the rack, pull the support arm out and up over the front tire to secure it.
Unloading Your Bike
- Before exiting the bus (using the front exit) tell the driver you want to unload your bike.
- Pull the support arm out and down to release it from the tire.
- Lift your bike out of the rack, securing your bike.
- If the rack is empty, please fold it back up.
- Step onto the curb with your bike and signal the driver that you're finished and it's safe for him to leave.